Urban Boho decor
It was a time of unemployment when decided to give all things away and moving to a smaller flat. I gave most things away but did not move as a turn in my life, so I had to buy new things and make my home from scratch. I had the opportunity to put my style on this pleasant time.
I always loved bohemian Scandinavian style, and this would be expressing my character, culture, sense of freedom and full of life.
But when the time came, this ‘must’ bohemian seemed so poor in my eyes. I rejected things on sight. You see bohemian philosophy supports the ‘more and more’ and ‘mix and match’.
And you know what? I loved both ideas but desperately needed and definitely focused to buy brand things in silver and pure white, to harmonize the half top part of the house with the half land part. Elegance brings balance and a solid touch of luxury to our life.
- WHITE: Utilize the white color in fabrics, floor elements, rugs, cushions, walls. The minimalism will remind of a Scandinavian urban décor in clean lines. Yes, you may succeed the white boho-chic
- SILVER CEILING LIGHTS: Natural light illuminates your space yet it is the white curtains, linen or crushed linen, or ethical synthetic silk to give a tone of elegance and reduce ‘noise’ from too much furniture & decoration.
- COLD WHITE LIGHTS: When the sun goes down, or earlier, especially if the house does not privilege from the strong sunlight, or due to location, it is the pure cold white light, preferably sourced from 3D oxidated silver ceiling lights to maintain the sense of purity and luxury at home.
Instead, the yellow light when combined with pendant macramé, wooden, or other boho inspired pendants, will attack the sense of luxury in your space. And seriously, this is a tip.
As a middle solution, use a 3D pure silver modern design ceiling light in sweet white light. An exemption could be the garland light in the bedroom.
- ETHNIC CRAFTED: Add hints of bohemian, ethnic from any culture, i.e. Moroccan and coastal styles, like the exclusively handmade and crafted products in houses, like Figbowl. I personally used my grandmother’s dowry from cotton homemade things (I still remember her preparing them for me).
- ETHICAL PRODUCTS: Buy and feel the energy of ethically made products to harmonize the house aura with your peaceful state of mind.
- WHITE LINEN: White cotton made elements and white crushed linen in no need of iron, you just wash and gentle tumble. Beautiful white linen is available for shipment worldwide from several great brands.
- GREEK HOUSE: Jungle at home could be my slogan. Since we lost our doggie Brigitte, the energy was partially refilled from the plants. I think they listen well when you talk to them and respond through their leaves if they are happy, dry or good.
- TRADITIONAL FURNITURE: Next to your modern and sleek furniture place some vintage pieces, like the side saloon tables. You can buy from local vintage or antique shops, or classic furniture shops, or through the internet. Have your coffee and think of its history. You will love the Indian grinder tables. But, if you wish to give a more pop character, personally I had no money left and did, buy minimal glass surface aside tables. Utilize the jute rugs even in the bedroom. A ceiling fan with rattan or wicker blade part could add some British colonial touch in your bedroom, but a small chandelier in nickel color satisfied my senses at the end.
- POP & FUNKY: Modern elements not necessarily expensive ones might spoil thick luxury and make your house more unconventional. This is boho after all. Invest in provocative art to amuse you and express your happiness. I would never destroy the beauty of an empty snow-white wall as reminds me of the Cycladic island style, but I love animals so much to let a small painting of a beautiful cow in long lashes and a daisy in her mouth in the living room. Likewise, AeroSkull Sounders by Jean Michel Jarre is the utmost modern urban gadget for your lounge. Stripes will be good too as can give a coastal touch or a colonial sense if inspired from the jungle. In the children’s room, a throw blanket in tassels from Kip + co is must (my 23 years old boy adores it)… Mine from Willow and Beech makes me an empress.
- AUTHENTICITY: Be authentic and free beyond norms. Dare the things that you never did up to now or you thought you don’t like… Don’t imitate one style, Moroccan, Persian, Scandinavian and forget about labels. Think of what serves your needs and will satisfy your eyes. I would never sit on Moroccan pillows in this small flat, certainly in another house, so I’m comfy with my Godjo Dilo sofa and the white custom made or pastel tassel throws around… I can’t do rug layering either as I like to walk freely at home… But I live in vanity, so in less than 2m I can ask myself in mirrors of all sizes who’s the prettiest of all.
MY FAVORITE BRANDS + SOME SHOPPING LEADS:
Paul Neuhaus : https://www.paul-neuhaus.de/
FMFOS : https://fmfos.com/
Kip and Co : https://kipandco.com.au/
Casadelinos : https://www.casadelinos.com/
Jolie Marche : https://joliemarche.com/
Raw Décor : https://www.rawdecor.com/
Sea Tribe: https://seatribe.com.au/
Alabaster Trader: https://www.alabastertrader.com/
Bhumi Organic Cotton : https://bhumi.com.au/
Figbowl : https://figbowl.com.au/
Willow and Beech : https://www.willowandbeech.com.au/
The Dusty Poppy : https://thedustypoppy.com/
Harper + Wilde : https://www.harperandwilde.com.au/
Salty Aura : https://saltyaura.com/
Athinais Home : https://www.athinaishome.gr/
Inart : https://www.inart.com/en/
Axiom by Medusaudi
Nomadic Lifestyle Blog & Mobile Magazine on Life Daily by Medusaudi
Global Visionary Citizen, Bohemian, and Nomadic Lifestyle, Planet Sustainability, Evolutionary Project Management, Superyacht Frantic & Pro
Irreplaceable and different
- Be a voice, not an echo.
- Do it with passion or not at all.
- If you want it work for it. It’s that simple.
Good health and Peace upon you